Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Football is coming...can you feel it?

It's only mid-July but there's a certain feeling in the air.  It may not be obvious, but it's there when you start paying attention to when plastic cups and drink mixers are on sale, or start scoping out a new 10 x 10 tent, folding tailgate chairs, or rolling ice chest at the local wholesale club.  When you go to the liquor store for white wine, you find yourself in front of the various bourbon brands wondering how much you have left over from last fall.  (Take my advice, it's never enough - buy two! It's three months of football frivolity, not including post-season bowl games.) Personally, I know it's only a couple of weeks before I buy a couple of cases of my favorite sparkling wine for $10/bottle, so I'll be ready for all the "tailgate" mimosas that I'll be consuming. 

I'm a woman that loves college sports; it's a great bonding experience for me and my husband. So first and foremost, this blog is a way to express my love and passion for college sports and the gameday experience.  But this blog is not only for those who embrace that feeling, dreaming of the bourbon and cokes they'll be consuming in a mere 44 days, but also for those who are related to, married to, or dating, that type of person.  Seriously, ladies, you drop a few references to current news regarding a player, coach or team, your man's face will light up like a sparkler on the Fourth of July.  And you might actually start to gain some actual sincere interest in the game.

Being an SEC homer (Ole Miss specifically), news will trend in that direction, but I will try to occasionally throw a bone to you fans of the Big 12 (which has 10 teams - see you just learned something!), ACC, Big Ten (which has 12 teams - seriously, this conference hopping has gotten out of control!) and, yes, even the PAC 12 (wow, they actually have 12 teams!  Way to go PAC 12, you can count!).  Oh, and I'll also throw in a little NFL (hell yes, I'm in a fantasy league!) for good measure. 

Let's get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment